Story Time

 

Urban legends 

The current show I’m in, Leave Only Footprints, at Annex Theatre, I play a character who tells stories.

The other day, when I went to rehearsal, I thought I might be there a while and decided to park at the garage on Harvard Ave behind Seattle Central College. I turned off Harvard into the drive and noticed a stop sign that I couldn’t recall having seen before, and a speed bump, too. I stopped next to the booth and saw that someone was in there. It had been years since that booth had been staffed. The last several times I parked there, you had to hassle with some kind of online payment with an app or a code, and stand there fiddling with your phone, being pretty certain your credit card number was being stolen.


But this time, it was a person asking for $15. I looked at the guy like, what are you doing here? I gave voice to the thoughts I just wrote in the previous paragraph. Oh no, he said, I’ve been here for years. I argued, No no, last couple times I paid by phone with a QR code. Oh no, you’re mistaken, he replied, it’s been me the whole time. Another round of this. Then, Have you seen the movie The Shining? says I. Yeah, says he. Then I go, Do you remember the guy who said, I’ve always been the caretaker? You remind me of that guy. Then he said, I’m going to use that. 


Pic from Wikipedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Buffalo in Marysville

The White Snake by ReAct

Salem Witch Orgasms by Ghost Light (RIP) at Copious