The trip to bountiful

This is the second house I lived in as seen on Google Maps. In 1975 there was a Pin Oak tree in the front yard. You can tell where it used to be. At that time, I could almost touch my thumb to my forefinger around the trunk. Over the years it got really big and beautiful. It had to be at least 30 feet tall or more.  

I moved away in 1989. My parents sold the place maybe four or five years ago. The tree was still there. I could only ever see it on the internet. For some reason, I checked again yesterday and it was gone. The branches used to intrude on the house and the leaves practically paved the yard and were a chore to get rid of. That’s probably why they cut it down. It’s sad for some reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Buffalo in Marysville

14/48 2023

Happy Endings