Funhouse IV at Theatre Off Jackson

This was really fun (house)! The program says Funhouse IV is, "a series of short plays that, when viewed together, give audiences an experience similar to that of walking through a funhouse." The show does succeed on that level. Short play festivals usually seem like they are all over the map. The Funhouse folks created a sense of unity. Not that the shows aren't varied but there is a theme of absurdity and going-off-the-rails that runs throughout. Almost all of the plays aim for comedy. My favorite, though was the one that did not, Wish Fulfillment, written by David Simpatico and directed by Anna Ly, where a son waits in his room to talk to his father. I didn't know what was real or what was going to happen next. Like a funhouse, I guess.

Photo by me 

This was originally published on my Facebook page on 11/29/18. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Buffalo in Marysville

14/48 2023

Happy Endings