Throwback Thursday Edition: The Seagull

Note: This is taken from a Facebook post from September 7, 2017, when I saw Dacha Theatre's production of The Seagull.  I'm a Dacha company member but I did not participate in the show other than as an usher. So, I was eager to see what we had come up with and this was my brief take on the show. Dacha's current show Ghost Party opens September 20, 2018.  Info here



The Seagull

Tonight I saw Dacha's The Seagull. 


I have only read the play. Once. I found it hard to make out sometimes how the characters were oriented toward each other -- or even themselves. So to see the characters fully embodied was a joy and a thrill.

So that's how it started for Nina and Trigorin!  So that's how it ended for Masha and Medvedenko! So that's what happens while mom is bandaging son's head! Fire! Ice! Blood!  What had been obtuse was made sharp, sharp, sharp.

Photo of the set from dress rehearsal at intermission. 


Originally published in modified form on my Facebook page on September 7, 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Buffalo in Marysville

14/48 2023

Happy Endings